In the 26th of our ‘In Conversation With’ series, we are joined by special makeup effects artist Dean Gates.
Dean’s 80’s work includes; Day Of The Dead, Invasion U.S.A., Raw Deal, Maximum Overdrive, Blue Velvet, The Return Of The Swamp Thing, and carries on with great work in the 90’s too; Look Who’s Talking, Maniac Cop 2, Showdown In Little Tokyo, Jurassic Park, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
In this packed episode, you will hear stories that include:
- His early influences and first makeup effects.
- Working with Tom Savini.
- Find out what piece of his own work scared him on set!
- Being killed (and stepped on) by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Working with Carlo Rambaldi on King Kong Lives.
- Find out the connection between The Return Of The Swamp Thing and Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil.
- His Emmy Award winning work on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- His latest and future projects.
As always, the above is just a little slice of what this great episode has in store for everyone.
Image ©2014 Dean Gates